I set this page up to show the rollercoaster ride that is writing your first novel.
The aim was to show how I negotiated the minefield and what if anything I had learned along the way!
Yesterday I made the decision to try a publishing house that takes new writers.
Today I realised that I need a plan.
1. Be patient-not my best point!
2. Do your homework- are the publishers right for you? Do they have a good track record?
3. Are they interested in publishing your genre? Not much point if they specialise in cookery or gardening!
4. Make sure the manuscript is edited and as good and as professional as it can be before submission. I may be an ameteur but I don’t have to look like one!
5. Don’t beat yourself up if they say no!